Thursday, October 4, 2012

Observations for the week of 10/1

I was able to see the normal stuff every morning, Jupiter and Venus, but also the bright moon. The moon was at its' full moon phase on Saturday and then every morning at around 630 I was able to see it outside my house. It was in the waning crescent phase on Monday and I was able to see it then with limited cloud interaction. I was also able to see the first magnitude star Regulus when it was close to Venus. Even though Venus has a magnitude of about -4.1 and Regulus has a magnitude of +1.3 and it was difficult to see the star I was still able to see the star. Along with these I have been able to see several first magnitude stars but unable to identify them. I plan on using the astronomy app on my phone to identify them over the weekend when I am not in a rush.s

No comments:

Post a Comment